Founded in 1973, Teekay Corporation is recognized internationally as a leader in marine midstream services. Teekay, headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, helps its customers seamlessly link their upstream energy production to their downstream processing operations. Their strength lies in the global reach of their organization, the size of their fleet, and the quality of their people and operations. Teekay has an unsurpassed reputation for safety, quality and innovation.
Teekay’s common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange where it trades under the symbol “TK”.
- US$27 billion in assets with 6500 employees (2011)
- Fleet of approximately 150 vessels
- Transports 10% of world’s seaborne oil
- Construction and financing of over 20 LNG vessels
- Contracting and supervision of shipbuilding
- Management of fleet operations - training, safety and reliability
- Assists with project development and execution