Enbridge Inc., a Canadian company, is a North American leader in delivering energy and one of the 2011 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations. As a transporter of energy, Enbridge operates, in Canada and the U.S., the world's longest crude oil and liquids transportation system. The Company also has a growing involvement in the natural gas transmission and midstream businesses, and is expanding its interests in renewable and green energy technologies including wind and solar energy, hybrid fuel cells and carbon dioxide sequestration. As a distributor of energy, Enbridge owns and operates Canada's largest natural gas distribution company, and provides distribution services in Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and New York State. Enbridge employs approximately 6,400 people, primarily in Canada and the U.S. and is ranked as one of Canada's Greenest Employers, and one of the Top 100 Companies to Work for in Canada.
Enbridge's common shares trade on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges under the symbol ENB.
- Canada’s largest natural gas distribution company
- US$27 billion in assets with 6,000 employees (2011)
- Operates the world’s longest crude oil pipeline
- Transports 71% of western Canadian crude oil exports
- Recently completed more than $14 billion of new growth projects
- One of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Assisting in project development and execution
- Development of gas infrastructure
- Development of Commercial contracting